Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Still here...


This image has nothing to do with this post, but I just felt a desire to uplaod this adorable picture of two of my oldest dearest friends in front of a Bruce Springsteen photography exhibit in New York. It makes me so happy, I want to share it with the world. Between the Jersey friends and the Jersey icon, it reminds me of why I'm proud to be from Jersey. That's right, I said it. Jersey girl. Proud.

I felt a need to spend ten minutes on this blog to say that I'm still here dammit! And becoming more positive every day. The holidays were wonderful. I literally vacationed from everything (except family and friends). I barely checked my email. I barely received any email. I certainly didn't write, though I read a ton, sat in hottubs, played in snow, slept in, saw friends, drank a little too much, watched movies and a sketch comedy show, took bike rides, hung out at a great new playground near our house (which is so crowded, it's as if an entire neighborhood of toddlers was standing poised and ready, flew through the gate the second it was unlocked).

Now Sadie's back to school and I'm in the weeds. Deadlines, grant applications, school stuff, work...it's nice to be working. In an hour I head over to Sadie's school to teach the 1st grade "breathing and stretching" class. I think we'll do a story with poses. "A little girl walked through the trees..." (they all jump into tree pose) "and came upon a giant dog" (down dog) "and a beautiful, strong warrior" (warrior 1, 2, 3). You get the gist. They always want to do "machines" too, which is an activity I remember from early acting and movement classes. Everything can be recycled, everything is new to someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment